Fairfield Machine Company is seeking a Welder to join its team. This position will be of interest to dependable people that have custom welding experience using SMAW, FCAW and/or GMAW processes in a custom heavy industrial work environment. Reporting to the Production Foreman, this position will weld to blueprint specifications meeting all quality requirements.
Fairfield Machine Company is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers and rebuilders of Tube and Pipe Handling and Finishing equipment. Their innovative and quality workmanship supports their customers’ success. Successful candidates will have completed a welding pre-employment program or apprenticeship and have several years of related welding work experience. In addition, they are productive, organized and efficient.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Completion of a welding pre-employment and/or apprenticeship program, preferably holding journeyperson certification or AWS CW certification
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment to produce high quality parts to blueprint specifications
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and/or following specified manufacturing processes
- Experience in setting up and operating manual or semi-automatic welding equipment as well as grinding, braking, shearing and rolling equipment
- Organized, detailed oriented and tidy
- Ability to work in a team environment in a productive and efficient manner
- Ability to apply safe work practices, policies and processes.
Fairfield Machine Company offers competitive wages and benefits to its employees. Interested applicants should send apply with their resume and cover letter. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This advertisement will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.