Fairfield Machine Company is seeking a Shipper/Receiver to join its team. This position will be of interest to applicants with significant shipping/receiving experience in a heavy industrial setting. Additionally, this position will manage inventory and prepare kits for manufacturing and/or assembly; as well as pick-up or deliver materials, parts or products.
Fairfield Machine Company is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers and rebuilders of Tube and Pipe Handling and Finishing equipment. Their innovative and quality workmanship supports their customers’ success. Working in a team environment, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the inventory management, shipping and receiving functions at Fairfield. Using BOMs, this position will prepare kits for manufacturing and assembly. In addition, this position will be responsible to supervisor and train laborers.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Significant work experience in inventory management, shipping and receiving
- Knowledge of and experience using applicable software programs
- Training and certification in forklift operation
- Training and certification in the use of overhead cranes is an asset
- Ability to keep a well-organized, neat and tidy shipping/receiving area
- Supervise and train others
- Apply lean process improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness of the shipping/receiving functions
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships based on trust and credibility
- Ability to quality to operate a 10T truck
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Experience working in teams under tight timelines while delivering quality results.
Fairfield Machine Company offers competitive wages and benefits to its employees. Interested applicants should send apply with their resume and cover letter. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This advertisement will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.