Fairfield Machine Works is seeking a production planner to join its team. Reporting to the President, this position will be of interest to qualified production planners with experience in corporate project and contract planning, scheduling, organizing and forecasting of contracts and engineering/manufacturing resources (people, technology, equipment and/or plant). The production planner, through their activities, tracks and reports on overall project health.
Fairfield Machine Works is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers and rebuilders of Tube and Pipe Handling and Finishing equipment. Their innovative and quality workmanship supports their customers’ success. Working in a team environment, the production planner is responsible to develop and adjust roadmaps (planning) with specific check gates with well-defined deliverables at each of the intervals. This position will prepare a corporate resource (engineering, materials, equipment, manufacturing and/or assembly) schedule and resource plan for each project; as well as providing appropriate reports for effective decision-making. Among other duties, this position will also assist with preparing estimates for requests for quotes and/or proposals.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Engineering technologist or equivalent education. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge and be conversant in engineering, heavy industry metal fabrication designs, assembly and final product.
- Expertise in organizing, tracking and reporting on manufacturing and/or assembly projects and scheduling in relevant industries.
- Expertise in production planning and scheduling people, resources and technology.
- Expertise in relevant technologies and software utilization.
- Understanding of lean methodologies and processes as well as how it relates to production planning functions at Fairfield Machine Works.
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
- Experience working in teams under tight timelines while delivering quality results.
Fairfield Machine Works offers competitive wages and benefits to its employees. Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to HR@fairfieldmachine.com by May 14, 2021. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.