Fairfield Machine Works is seeking an Operations Manager to join its team. This position will be of interest to experienced industrial managers and supervisors with experience in managing manufacturing, assembly, procurement, receiving and shipping in a metal fabrication shop. The ideal candidate enjoys working with people to establish workflow and processes typically found in an engineer-to-order or job-shop machine shop.
Fairfield Machine Works is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers and rebuilders of Tube and Pipe Handling and Finishing equipment. Their innovative and quality workmanship supports their customers’ success. Working in a team environment, the ideal candidate will be responsible for managing people and metal fabrication processes to design specifications within the required timelines.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in engineering, engineering technology, metal fabrication trades or equivalent together with significant work experience in relevant industry sectors
- Experience in an Engineer-to-order or Job Shop Machine Shop or Fabrication Shop environment.
- Experience establishing and maintaining workflow and processes while considering quality and safety requirements as well as customer needs
- Knowledge of and experience using applicable software programs
- Extensive experience in procurement, shipping and receiving processes and management
- Ability to complete projects to the clients’ satisfaction within prescribed timelines delivering quality results
- Ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships based on trust and credibility
- Organized and detail oriented
- Effective leadership and communication skills.
Fairfield Machine Works offers competitive wages and benefits to its employees. Interested applicants should apply with their resume and cover letter to HR@fairfieldmachine.com by June 2, 2021. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.