Fairfield Machine Company is seeking a Millwright to join its team. This position will be of interest to journey millwrights with significant experience in a heavy industrial metal fabrication assembling machines, machine components and/or equipment. This is a combination production/custom job environment. Job duties include the assembly and testing of various large machines, components (including gearboxes and bearings) and equipment. You may also be required to disassemble, diagnose and itemize required components for machine repairs.
Fairfield Machine Company is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers and rebuilders of Tube and Pipe Handling and Finishing equipment. Their innovative and quality workmanship supports their customers’ success. Successful candidates will be able to fit and assemble machined or welded metal parts and subassemblies. They can read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints and/or schematics to assemble such parts as gear boxes and bearings to complete machines.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Completion of millwright pre-employment and/or apprenticeship education. Completed specialized training and other applicable millwright courses to prepare you for a career in construction millwright. Alternative education and /or experience may be considered.
- Minimum of three years of work experience of high mix/low volume work experience and on-the-job training in millwright construction procedures, techniques and processes.
- Knowledgeable and conversant in heavy industrial metal assembly specifications and tolerances
- Experience (or familiarity) with lean systems and process improvement including pull systems, kanbans, visual systems and other lean tools.
- Knowledge of and experience operating overhead cranes is an asset.
- Works well in a team environment
- Organized, detail-oriented, tidy
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- Must work safely in a team environment.
Fairfield Machine Company offers competitive wages and benefits to its employees. Interested applicants should send apply with their resume and cover letter. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This advertisement will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.