Fairfield Machine Company is seeking a Machinist to join its team. This position will be of interest to journey machinists with significant machining experience in a heavy industrial metal fabrication setting and enjoy working in a combination production/custom job environment.
Fairfield Machine Company is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers and rebuilders of Tube and Pipe Handling and Finishing equipment. Their innovative and quality workmanship supports their customers’ success. Successful candidates will be able to set up, operate and maintain a variety of machining equipment include CNC machines to make metal parts and/or products with precise dimensions. This position may also program the machines and perform quality inspections.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Completion of machining pre-employment and/or apprenticeship education. Completed programming training and other applicable courses. Alternative education and /or experience may be considered.
- Minimum of three years work experience of high mix/low volume job shop work environment.
- Operation of manual horizontal boring mills, lathes and planer mills
- Operation of CNC mills and lathes, machining small quantity parts. Able to program and qualify programs at the machine.
- Knowledgeable and conversant in heavy industrial metal machining specifications, techniques and processes
- Experience (or familiarity) with lean systems and process improvement including pull systems, kanbans, visual systems and other lean tools.
- Knowledge of and experience operating overhead cranes is an asset.
- Organized, detail-oriented, tidy
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- Must work safely in a team environment.
Fairfield Machine Company offers competitive wages and benefits to its employees. Interested applicants should send apply with their resume and cover letter. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This advertisement will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.