Fairfield Machine Company is seeking a Laborer to join its team. This position will be of interest to dependable people that have experience working in a heavy industrial work environment. Reporting to the Shipper/Receiver, this position will assist in the machining, welding and shipping/receiving areas performing a variety of shop tasks, minor maintenance and facility upkeep, shipping and deliveries.
Fairfield Machine Company is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers and rebuilders of Tube and Pipe Handling and Finishing equipment. Their innovative and quality workmanship supports their customers’ success. Successful candidates will be tidy, organized and productive with good mathematical skills.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Entry level work experience in a metal fabrication industry environment
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Experience performing minor maintenance and facility upkeep tasks
- Flexible and adaptable to perform a wide variety of tasks
- Ability and certification to use a forklift to move in-progress and/or completed products
- Ability to learn to use a variety of equipment typically found in a metal fabrication environment
- Organized, detail-oriented, tidy
- Current and valid driver’s license and ability to qualify to drive a 10T truck.
- Ability to apply safe work practices, policies and processes.
Fairfield Machine Company offers competitive wages and benefits to its employees. Interested applicants should send apply with their resume and cover letter. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. This advertisement will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.